200KM Double Metric Century
In the Double Metric Century ride, cyclists will embark on a 200 km ride through the valleys and farmlands north of Toronto. The 200 km ride is a difficult undertaking even for a seasoned cyclist and acts as a suitable metaphor for the strength that Karen showed in her tireless battle with Breast Cancer.
Where & When
Sunday August 28th, 2016
Markham Fair Grounds
10801 McCowan Road
Markham, ON L3p 3J3
- 7:00 am Registration opens
- 8:00 am Registration closes
- 8:15 am Staging and ribbon cutting
- 8:30 am riders depart in 3 waves – 35km/h, 30km/h and 25km/h pace groups
- 2:00 pm-5:00 pm BBQ
- 4:00 pm Draw prizes
How much is the entry fee?
- $100 per rider for registration.
- Raise $250 in pledges and your entry fees are waived.
- Raise $600 dollars in pledges and you get in for free and will also receive a limited edition Ride for Karen cycling jersey.
- Raise $900 in pledges and you will get in for free and will also receive a limited edition Ride for Karen jersey and bib shorts.
*Note: Event day registration is $150 (online registration closes on Friday August 26th at 11pm).
What does your entry include?
- On course feed stations that will include water and energy foods
- Lunch during the event.
- BBQ afterwards
- Draw prizes.
- Bicycle in working order.
- Certified bike helmet.
200km Course Map
Note this route is draft only and will be updated shortly